Welcome to our blog. We hope that these pages provide an insight into us, our products and how we develop them. Please feel free to write to us if you have anything to add to any of the posts here.
Tuesday, December 3, 2019
This is a recommended maintenance update for Visual Lint 7.0. The following changes are included:
- Added support for wildcards to the text filters in the Analysis Status, Analysis Statistics, Analysis Results and Stack Usage Displays and Display Filter Dialog.
This allows (for example) files to be easily excluded from analysis by using a wildcard text filter in the Analysis Status Display.
- Added a /writevlconfigfiles switch to VisualLintConsole to allow the user to use VisualLintConsole to incrementally update analysis configuration (.vlconfig) file(s) for the current solution/workspace/project.
- Added the environment variable _RB_CONFIGURATION to the generated PC-lint/PC-lint Plus command line. This includes the name of the configuration, and like _RB_PLATFORM can be used to dynamically select options within an indirect (.lnt) file.
- The "Delete Analysis Results" command now correctly deletes per-project analysis results and report baggage files.
- Improved a prompt which was shown by the Configuration Wizard if it was unable to write any affected files on completion.
- Locked out the program information (+program_info) option on the Command Line Options page if the active analysis tool is PC-lint Plus, as this directive is currently PC-lint 9.0 specific.
- Generated PC-lint Plus command lines now escape the pathname of the stack usage report file if it contains quotes (generated PC-lint 9.0 command lines are unaffected as spaces in the pathname do not cause issues for it).
- Fixed a bug in the parsing of ExcludedFromBuild attributes in Visual C++ 2010-2019 (.vcxproj) project files.
- Fixed a bug which affected projects containing more than one file with the same name.
- Fixed a bug in the parsing of cpplint analysis results of the format: "<filename>(<lineno>): error cpplint: [<ID>] <description> [<category>]".
- Corrected a help topic.