Welcome to our blog. We hope that these pages provide an insight into us, our products and how we develop them. Please feel free to write to us if you have anything to add to any of the posts here.
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Visual Lint 22.214.171.1244 has just been released. This is a maintenance update for Visual Lint 6.5, and is compatible with all Visual Lint 6.0 and 6.5 licence keys.
The following changes are included:
- Built-in compiler preprocessor symbols are now automatically included in the analysis configuration for Atmel Studio projects using ARM toolchains where possible.
- Fixed a bug which caused a "project changed" event to be erroneously sourced if an external project file located in the same folder as a loaded project was changed.
- The PC-lint raw analysis results parser will now raise a fatal error if a PC-lint Plus License Error is detected.
- Fixed a bug in the "Analysis Tool" Options page which affected browsing for an analysis tool installation folder.
- Modified a handful of prompts to refer to "PC-lint or PC-lint Plus" rather than just "PC-lint".
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
The first public build of Visual Lint 6.5 has just been uploaded to our website.
Visual Lint 6.5 is the second Visual Lint 6.x release, superseding Visual Lint 6.0. As a minor update, it will also accept existing per-user Visual Lint 6.0 licences; Visual Lint 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x and 5.x per-user licences must however be upgraded to work with this version.
Full details of the changes in this version are as follows:
- Removed the (deprecated since Visual Lint 5.0) ability of the Visual Studio plug-in to load within Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 and eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0. Projects for these environments can of course still be analysed in the standalone VisualLintGui and VisualLintConsole applications.
- Modifications to support PC-lint Plus PCH analysis, which creates object files (.lpph or .lpch) in the project working folder rather than (as was the case with PC-lint 9.0) in the folder containing the PCH header file. This should affect only projects where the PCH header file is contained in a different folder from the project file.
- PC-lint project indirect (project.lnt) files are now automatically recreated if a different version of the analysis tool is in use.
- The installer now prompts for affected applications (Visual Studio, Atmel Studio, AVR Studio, Eclipse, VisualLintConsole and VisualLintGui) to be closed before installation can proceed.
- The installer now installs VSIX extensions to Visual Studio 2017 and Atmel [AVR] Studio silently.
- Revised the order of registration of the Visual Studio plug-in with each version of Visual Studio so that the newest versions are now registered first.
- Uninstallation no longer incorrectly runs "Configuring Visual Studio..." steps if the VS plug-in is not selected for installation.
- The "Installing Visual Lint" progress bar is now updated while Visual Studio, Atmel Studio and Eclipse installations are being registered.
- Improved the logging of VSIX extension installation/uninstallation.
- The Analysis Status View now supports text filters of the form "Project/File".
- Added a new Window List Dialog to VisualLintGui to display details of the open MDI child windows, and allow selected windows to be activated, saved or closed as a group.
- Widened the About Box slightly.
- Replaced the table sort code in generated HTML reports with a simpler, more robust implementation from https://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/.
- Converted links to HTTPS where possible.
- Fixed minor bugs in the Property List Dialog.
- Added a workaround for a race condition in boost::filesystem::path which could cause one or more projects to fail to load or even a crash. See https://svn.boost.org/trac10/ticket/6320 for details.